The Company is seeking an organized, detail oriented, team builder to supervise the efficient running of our production department. Will be responsible for directing the work of a team, ensure compliance with all food safety programs and enforce Company policies. Individual will be actively involved in the Company Safety program and the long term and short term goals of the department. Ability to work as part of a team is essential. Attendance is an essential function of this job.
· Supervise assigned production area.
· Ensure food safe and sanitary environment to process poultry products and report all food safety concerns to the appropriate responsible person.
· Train/coach team members and new employees on job functions and safe practices.
· Establish and adjust procedures to meet production schedules, production efficiencies and budget objectives.
· Enforce Company policies and practices.
· Oversee cost effective use of equipment and supplies.
· Ensure compliance with established food safety programs, including HACCP programs, SSOPs & GMPs.
· Work well with other functional groups.
· Maintain time and production records.
· Troubleshoot problem areas and develop solutions.
· Maintain clean and safe working environment.
· Provides coverage for absence of key personnel.
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
· Participate in Company and department safety program.
· Comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
· Must report food safety problems to Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance.
To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Position typically requires a minimum of three years of progressive experience or training.
· Prior supervisor experience required.
· Working knowledge of poultry processing, food safety regulations, OSHA guidelines, GMPs, and HACCP.
· Ability to work with all levels of management required.
· Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills required, including the ability to manage priorities and workflow.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm required.
· Proven leadership and business acumen skills required.
· Demonstrated ability to motivate subordinates required.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
· Proficient in Word and Excel.
Ability to read, write and speak English. Spanish a plus but not required.
Ability to regularly stand, walk, climb, reach and use hands to feel objects, tools and controls. Ability to lift or move 10 to 50 lb. boxes and materials regularly.
Work Environment:Processing Plant environment. Frequently required to enter areas that have cold and wet conditions, areas with high dust levels and odors, and areas with moderate to extreme levels of noise.Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.