This position primarily exists to provide all care and duties related to raising our birds in Petaluma, Santa Rosa and Sonoma County.
Duties may include farm maintenance, barn cleaning and preparation, caring and handling of live birds and other related tasks.
1) Ensure birds are healthy by completing feed inventories, ensuring constant availability to feed and proper feed quality.
2) Ensure birds have free access to water and that all lines are flushed and operational.
3) Monitor the temperature and ventilation in the barns and adjust equipment as necessary.
4) Handle live birds to weigh, score overall health and recognize any health concerns.
5) Follow all company safety, biosecurity and written programs to ensure a safe, secure and clean working environment.
6) Operate heavy farm equipment to include composting, tank sprayers, front end buckets etc.
7) Collect and accurately record all data as needed.
This position will work outside and in company barns. Exposure to all weather elements and dusty and odorous environments.
Must be able to perform basic calculations in addition and subtraction.
Ability to carry out specific written or oral instructions.
Effectively communicate and record data as needed.
Prior experience operating equipment and basic maintenance skills.
Must have a valid CA drivers license.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.