LSC Farms, an intensive outdoor breed to wean sow farm producing weaned pigs for a welfare friendly antibiotic free niche pork market is seeking production personnel at their Benton IL.location.
Job Title: Farrowing Technician
Reports to: Farrowing Team Lead
Goal: To maximize the number of quality healthy pigs weaned.
. Production Responsibilities:
*Maintain a clean / orderly appearance of grounds around breeding unit / office.
*Protect health and safety of staff and humane treatment of animals.
*Provide accurate data for production records.
*Properly carry out the feeding program according to stage of lactation and season.
*Maintain productivity of the sows and pigs.
*Properly process newborn litters in an efficient manner
*Recognize and manage special situations that require special attention or treatment
*Provide an ideal environment for newborn pigs by ensuring proper seasonal adjustments such as ventilation, bedding and wallows.
*Maintenance and cleaning of waters, feeders and fences.
*Minimizes the number of problem litters.
*Transfers and cross-fosters litters.
*Notify and discusses openly with management any problems, concerns or questions.
*Conserve farm resources such as supplies, equipment and time.
*Promotes cooperation within the unit and contributes to adequate staffing.
*Communicates openly and freely with others.
Skills Required: Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
* Minimum of High School diploma
* Must posses a valid driver’s license
* Experience in safely operating farm tractors and equipment
* Previous farm and livestock experience preferred
* Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Personal Characteristics: A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
* Strong work ethic
* Detail oriented
* Responsible with a dependable attendance record
* Ability to follow instructions
* Self Motivated
* Ability to work independently
* Strong initiative
* Team Player
* Strong problem solving skills
* Multiple skills and flexible
* Ability to complete tasks and projects
* Ability to perform with minimal supervision
* Perseverance to work outside in all weather conditions
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.