The Company is seeking an organized, deadline oriented, self-starter to work in maintaining the efficient running of the production facility. Will interface with Production to ensure proper operation of production equipment. Requires experience in all facets of equipment repair, plumbing, electrical and machining, work from blueprints, fabrication and welding. Individual will be actively involved in the Company Safety program and the long term and short term goals of the department. AA degree or equivalent technical school or related training.
• Dismantle devices to gain access to defective parts.
• Inspect used parts to determine wear and replacement needs.
• Monitor production equipment and their effects on product quality.
• Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
• Repair or replace defective parts, install special functional and structural parts, clean and lubricate parts and equipment.
• Fabricate parts and equipment.
• Test run devices to evaluate their performance.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
• Participate in company and department safety program.
• Comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· AA degree, technical school graduate or related experience.
· Electrical, plumbing, equipment repair, tig-welding, metal fabrication.
· Must be able to read and work from blueprints and diagrams.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
· Ability to read and write reports and procedure manuals.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
Ability to understand, speak, and write fluent English. Spanish a plus but not required.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with an assortment of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and verbal forms, to include diagrams, schedules and blueprints.
Ability to use hands to feel objects, tools and controls. Ability to regularly lift, push or pull up to 80 pounds. Ability to regularly stand, walk, and climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must have close and distance vision and ability to distinguish colors.
This position is under the collective bargaining unit of the UFCW. Required 90-day probation period. Excellent medical benefits available. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Work area is predominantly cold and wet conditions. Ice box storage and chilled warehouse conditions as well. Moderate to extreme levels of noise, safety protection is provided.