The company is seeking an organized, deadline oriented, self-starter to work in fast paced shipping and receiving loading environment. Experience with an electric pallet jack and forklift is required. Must have the ability to take and give direction. Actively
involved in the company safety program and the long term and short-term goals of the department. Some computer knowledge would be considered as a plus. Individual needs to be able to lift, push, and pull weights from 10 to 100 lbs.
Schedule - Monday-Friday, some Saturdays
Night Shift - 2pm - 10:30pm
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Ability to direct the work load to maintain the department in an efficient manner.
- Loading and unloading of poultry products.
- Lifting of boxes from 10 to 100 lbs.
- Putting together orders from pick sheets.
- Using forklift and pallet jacks for the loading and un-loading of products.
- Some routing and staging of loads to be shipped.
- AFS and Food scanning system knowledge.
- Work with Word and some Excel programs.
- Help supervisor to maintain Safety, Quality and Budget of the department.
- Reconcile daily inventories.
- Prepare and maintain HACCP documentation daily.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Providing assistance and knowledge to other loading crew employees.
- Reporting of times lost and overtime report.
- Abilities to communicate with and update supervisor of new ideas and efficiencies.
- Participate in company and department safety program.
- Backup and assistant to supervisor.
- Comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experienced forklift and electric pallet jack operator.
- High school education not required but beneficial.
- The ability to read and understand product identification and codes as well as putting together daily inventory sheets.
- Some previous lead experience desired.
- Occasional filing and computer work required.
Ability to understand, speak, and write fluent English. Spanish a plus but not required.
Understand basic shipping and receiving concepts, to apply common sense to carry out instructions either verbally, written or in a diagram, some computer skills.
Ability to regularly stand, walk, and use hands to feel objects, tools and controls. Ability to lift, push or pull 10 to 100 pound boxes and materials regularly, including the loading and unloading of material into shipping containers.
This position is under the collective bargaining unit of the UFCW. Required 90-day probation period. Excellent medical benefits available. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Work area is predominantly cold and wet conditions. Ice box storage and chilled warehouse conditions as well. Moderate to extreme levels of noise, safety protection is provided.