The Company seeks an organized person, dedicated in meeting deadlines in order to work on the Production Floor area as the OSSID Machine Operator. Must be detail oriented. Work could include but is not limited to scanning, lifting, stacking, and labeling cases or pallets of product. Must have the ability to read, learn and understand product codes and have the ability to use a scan gun. The employee will actively participate in the Company’s Safety program and the short and long term goals of the department. The ability to work as a team player is essential. Attendance is an essential function of this job.
Internal Applicants Only
· Operate electric pallet jack to move palletized product to designated area.
· Inspect all labels to ensure they are properly placed on boxes and arranged to be scanned.
· Use scan gun to scan all cases of product.
· Work entire shift while standing.
· Ability to make repetitive motion movements using arms, hands, and wrists for an entire shift.
· Communicate effectively with all levels of management.
· Maintain work area clean and safe.
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
· Participate in the Company and Departmental Safety program.
· Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English. Bilingual in English and Spanish is helpful but is not required. Read product labels in English.
Precisely follow the supervisor’s instructions.
Ability to stand the entire shift and use the hands, wrists, and arms repetitively. Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
This position is under the collective bargaining unit of the UFCW. Required 90-day probation period. Excellent medical benefits available. Must be at least 21 years of age.